The closing date of the 24th of July is the last round for this year. The next round will not be until January 2021. The funding is Federal so anyone already receiving any type of State Government Funding is still eligible.
There are still plenty of Scholarships available and the Gosford Region was one of only 10 regions chosen throughout Australia for this Scheme.
Commonwealth Government Scholarship Scheme –
- Applicants have to be aged 15-24 years (unless ex defence where there is no age limit)
- Scholarships provided of up to $5000 per year
- Study period is from 6 months up to 2 years
- Courses – Cert 111 up to an Advanced Diploma
- Potential applicants have to reside in or around the Gosford Region (quite a large area – just does not include in and around Wyong)
- There are priority groups that are being targeted (details on fact sheet)
- The Scholarship funds not only help pay for course fees, there is also a 20 day work placement/internship component which is organized for them with a suitable employer and the scholar gets paid $3000 on top of their scholarship monies. The funding can also cover such things as technical items, student amenities, laptops, electricity (more details on fact sheet below).
- Potential Scholars can be working up to 35 hours per week and still be eligible.
- Extra applicable information on fact sheet below
The application can be found here
Please contact Zoe Goddard directly if you or anyone you know is interested in applying. Zoe is happy to guide you through the process.
Zoe can be contacted on 0400 633 191 or Zoe.Goddard@busyatwork.com.au
The scholarship fact sheet can be found here