If you are a young person aged 16-24, are homeless or at risk of homelessness, you may be eligible to receive a Rent Choice Youth Subsidy from the Department of Family and Community Services’ (FACS).
Rent Choice Youth helps young people to take out a lease in the private rental market and to achieve stability and independence over time.
FACS pays some of your rent to make it more affordable and to help you sustain a tenancy.
Local support providers work with you to achieve your goals for work, education and financial independence.
You are eligible if you are:
- Aged 16 to 24 years (i.e. have not reached your twenty-fifth birthday at the time of approval for the program)
- Homeless or at risk of being homeless
- Assessed as eligible for Social Housing
- An Australian Citizen or hold permanent residency in Australia
- Capable of maintaining a tenancy (with the required support)
- Able to demonstrate that you have the capacity and are willing to engage in education, training or employment during the period of the subsidy
- Able to demonstrate that you are willing to engage with your support provider
This service is available on the Central Coast. For more information and eligibility criteria, please click here