Central Coast Community Council is currently seeking three (3) new board directors (one Treasurer, one Secretary and a General Board Member) to join the existing board to help oversee our organisation dedicated to social connection, wellbeing, and collaboration through storytelling and creative arts practice.
We are particularly interested in finding people who have a passion for community connection, wellbeing and human rights and possess at least a couple of the following:
- Financial and accounting experience (for the Treasurer role)
- Fundraising experience
- Grant writing experience
- Marketing and/or branding experience
- Experience in building corporate partnerships or in Corporate Executive roles
- Experience working in and/or connections with the Central Coast Community Service sector
Board members are responsible for strategic oversight of the organisation, ensuring we continue to meet our mission and aims, and advocate for the organisation and its mission within the wider community.
Treasurer duties include:
- Helping further develop the organisation’s financial management and accounting systems
- Developing a budget at the start of each year
- Providing a Treasurer’s Report at each Board meeting tracking expenses and income against budget
- Ensuring all necessary financial reporting requirements are adhered to
- Supporting the fundraising plans of the organization and advising on financial strategy where applicable
- Overseeing and monitoring risk management systems
Secretary duties include:
- facilitating Board organisation, communication and diligence through overseeing management of our memberships,
- record keeping including meeting minutes and actions,
- organising our Board meetings including our AGM,
- ensuring association compliance with our organisation’s Rules and legal requirements.
Our Secretary also has an integral role in our team driving our vision and strategy to empower us further build a sustainable not for profit.
Experience with Boards and suitable governance qualifications will be highly regarded but are not essential as training and support will be offered. You should have strong communication and organisation skills, a contact network and an understanding of the service sector of the NSW Central Coast.
General Board Member duties include:
- Attending meetings as required
- Participating in the setting of the strategic vision and plan for the organization each year
- Participate in the setting and approval of the annual budget
- Supporting fundraising activities
- Assist in ensuring the organization is financially and legally accountable
- Attend training and / or forums as required
Applications can be sent to:
Central Coast Community Council
2/1 Bay Village Road,
Bateau Bay. NSW. 2261
Or emailed to: email@example.com
Applications close: Sunday, 5th April 2020.
Enquiries to: Keiran Booth, Executive Officer 4333 4401