Busy at Work have 100 new Federal Government Scholarships available for youth that live in our local Gosford Region valued up to $13,000 each.
The Gosford Region was one of only 10 Regions chosen throughout Australia for this Scheme.
- Applicants have to be aged 15-24 years (unless ex defence where there is no age limit)
- Scholarships provided of up to $5000 per year
- Study period is from 6 months up to 2 years
- Courses – Cert 111 up to an Advanced Diploma
- Potential applicants have to reside in or around the Gosford Region (quite a large area – just does not include in and around Wyong)
- The Scholarship funds not only help pay for course fees, there is also a 20 day work placement/internship component which is organized for them with a suitable employerand the scholar gets paid $3000 on top of their scholarship monies. The funding can also cover such things as technical items, student amenities, laptops, electricity
- Potential Scholars can be working up to 35 hours per week and still be eligible.
Refer to fact sheet here for more information