For Community Members

Help lines and websites

Ask Izzy

Find the help you need, now and nearby. Over 400,000 listed

Translating and Interpreting Service

131 450 Free interpreting service

Service NSW

Bungree Aboriginal Association


Food & Hardship Relief

Central Coast Council

A resource from Central Coast Council outlining Central Coast based services who provide emergency food relief and can assist with financial hardship.

Directory of Community Services - Central Coast

The Directory of Community Services – Central Coast has been developed by Rotary to help find support in one easy-to-use comprehensive resource.


Image of the world with figures dressed in different colours

Central Coast Multicultural Welcome Resource

Support and information for you, your children and your family. An initiative of the Central Coast Multicultural Interagency & supported by Central Coast Council.

Mental Health Services

Beyond Blue

1300 224 636

Provides information and support to help everyone in Australia achieve their best possible mental health, whatever their age and wherever they live.

Butterfly Foundation Helpline

1800 33 4673

A free confidential counselling and referral service for people with eating disorders and body image related issues. Available 8am-midnight 7 days a week. AEST


1800 424 287

FriendLine is for anyone who needs to reconnect or just wants a chat. Available 7 days a week via phone or online chat. This is not a crisis service


Australia-wide online, phone and in-person support and counselling to young people, their families and friends

Kids Helpline

1800 551 800

Free 24/7, confidential and private counselling service specifically for children and young people aged 5 to 25 years


13 11 14

Provides a free, 24-hour telephone crisis support service

Mens Line

1300 789 978

A free telephone and online counselling service offering support for Australian men anywhere, anytime

Mental Health Hotline

1800 011 511

Free 24/7 phone support. Provides professional help and advice plus referrals to local mental health services


1800 61 44 34

A free digital mental health clinic for all Australians. This is not an emergency or instant response service

Mind Health
Service Connect Line

MindHealth is a free professional counselling service operating between 7am and 9pm Monday to Saturday for people 15 years and older living or working in the Hunter New England and Central Coast regions.

Neami Hear2Talk

1300 428 255

Hear2Talk provides free, confidential, independent, and skilled phone-based support to help manage challenging experiences and emotions in the workplace. Available to all workers in NSW.

An online mental health service for young people and their parents in Australia

Suicide callback service

1300 659 467 For anyone thinking about suicide. 24/7 support


Telecross provides a daily morning telephone call to check on the wellbeing of people who are lonely and or at risk of an accident or illness that may go unnoticed, such as falling and being unable to call for help. 

The calls are made by trained Staff and Volunteers, 365 days per year, and provide reassurance as well as help to maintain independence.

TeleCHAT provides a regular telephone call to people who would benefit from a social chat once a week. 

Domestic Violence


1800 737 732

Confidential information, counselling and support service

Domestic Violence Line

1800 656 463

The NSW Domestic Violence Line provides counselling and referrals to women experiencing domestic and family violence.

Men's Referral Service

1800 766 491

This service from No to Violence offers assistance, information and counselling to help men who use family violence.



1800 152 152

Link2home is the statewide homelessness information and referral telephone service. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year

Link2Home Veterans and Ex-Service

1800 326 989

Link2home is the statewide homelessness information and referral telephone service. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year

Compass Housing

Pacific Link Community Housing

Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) Housing

SHOW Report

SHOW: Share Housing for Older Women was a 6-month pilot project conducted on the Central Coast, NSW from July 2022 to February 2023.

This report on the project outlines the community development processes undertaken, the older women who participated, the survey undertaken, the lessons learnt, and recommendations made.

SHOW Resource Kit – Share House Living

The SHOW: Resource Kit was developed as part of the Share Housing for Older Women project. The Kit provides user-friendly information about tenancy and share house living.

It also provides a guide to creating a Share House Agreement that will assist both individuals and organisations to develop successful share housing arrangements.



Health support for LGBTI people and people with HIV

Black Rainbow

Indigenous suicide prevention and mental health support source for LGBTQ+ people

Minus 18

LGBTIQ youth guidance and resources

Pflag Australia

Parents, Family and Friends of Lesbians and Gays


1800 184 527

QLife provides Australia-wide anonymous, LGBTI peer support and referral for people wanting to talk about a range of issues including sexuality, identity, gender, bodies, feelings or relationships.

The Gender Centre

Information and support for trans and gender-diverse people in NSW


ACON’s digital information and resource platform for all trans and gender diverse (TGD) people in NSW, our loved ones, allies and health providers


NSW based specialised services for LGBTIQA+ young people aged 12-25. Includes housing, mental health, counselling and social support

Seniors & Ageing

Advance Care Planning

Advance care planning involves planning for your future health care if you were to become seriously ill and unable to communicate your preferences or make treatment decisions

Age pension & superannuation calculator

A calculator that helps you work out when you can access your super and the age pension


A guide for families of adults ​who are incapable of making their own decisions and who may require a legally appointed substitute decision maker

Skip to content